C2

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

KNICK OF TIME

We aren’t sure what this weekend holds, but the weather forecasters are calling for ice and snow on Friday and Saturday. Wow, just in the knick of time for us to do the work we need to do at the house. We don’t have to do any of the work on the house except for putting insulation in our garage and running network cable through it. Every other weekend, the weather has been beautiful, temps in the upper 40s and sunny. No, not this weekend. Temps are supposed to be in the teens and freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing! Reschedule? Not an option. We can’t really pick another weekend to do the work since they want to start the sheetrock work next week. Aaah, the joys of Mother Nature in Kansas.

Speaking of laughing, Kevin and I sure did get some quaint stares when we decided to visit a Home Store the other day. Usually when we enter into a store, Kevin will open the door for me –- so thinking the same thing would happen this particular afternoon, I walk up to the door, only Kevin decides to play a game –- let’s see who can get inside first! Well, I wasn’t about to let him WIN! So we both go barreling in the front doors of the Home Store and these ladies are just staring at us with their mouths gaping like they think there is an emergency out in the parking lot or something. Of course, I just look at them and say “He actually thinks he is faster than me.” They all start laughing and I look behind me (yes I WON!) and Kevin’s face is beet red. Priceless moment I tell you!

I guess we could sum things up by saying our whole life philosophy seems to be based on the mantra – “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” because it just makes things worse to worry about things that are out of our control. So we won’t worry about the weather this weekend. We will get the work done. And just remember happiness helps deal effectively with the stress of life and those who wait for a better time to be happy will probably never achieve it.

Starting the deck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home