C2

Monday, January 15, 2007

WHEN ITS COLD OUTSIDE

I'm a big believer in the if you can't beat it, embrace it philosophy. So, instead of whining and moaning about our three-day (going on four-day) winter storm, I have learned to accept it. And if you believe that let me tell you about that magic money tree I sell in addition to our nutritional supplements. I’m not from Canada like Kevin so I don’t like the temps to dip below, say, freezing! :-)

This weekend we had some work to complete at our new house and the weather, in no way, was going to cooperate. Not only was it cold (frickin cold), we got lots of rain/ice showers which made the roads treacherous. But we didn’t have a choice in rescheduling since the sheetrock work begins this week. Due to the weather, a few of Kevin’s friends did not make the trip down to the house so I volunteered my services. Now don’t chuckle, I really did help him out! ;-) To keep warm, we layered ourselves with two pair of wool socks, boots, two pair of flannel pants under jeans, a t-shirt, a long sleeve t-shirt, under two sweatshirts, under a big winter coat, two pair of gloves, a hat, AND winter coat with hood. And YES we were still cold. The temperature was around 8 degrees. BRRR!!! It was so cold outside this weekend, that Kevin wanted me to name this particular blog, nose-sicles. I just couldn't bring myself to do that although I thought it was funny! :-)

We want to thank David for coming out especially in the bad weather to put the insulation up in the garage. Your help really meant a lot to us and saved us a few more hours. Thanks a million Bro. :-)

The best part of the weekend however is when we were able to watch a few movies with Scott. It isn’t very often that he graces us with his presence and the visit was quite pleasant. Due to the weather, he was home all weekend and we were able to catch up on what was going on in his world. He starts school on Wednesday and is looking forward to his new classes. He has spent a majority of his winter break with his friends and working up at the Great Mall. All I can say about his job is he is learning rather quickly the pressures of being a manager! :-)

Charlie, the framer, has completed our deck. We have attached pictures and we think he did an excellent job on it. We can't wait to enjoy a cup of our morning brew and take in the fantastic view. Just another month and a half to go! :-)

Back Deck
Basement Bar
Cold Elizabeth
Garage
Back Patio
Back of House

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, why are you complaining about the cold, after all that is the temperature we have in Ontario in the summer. That is why we from Ontario can sell you-all a summer ski pass.
House looks wonderful. Who is the chick in red? Looks like a sister of Kevins? Looking forward to a "COFFEE" on the deck. Good thing we all have family we can count on when in need. I guess David can come and enjoy a "COFFEE" with me.
DAD....

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in on the coffee. I like my coffee like I like my women, White and Sweet!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home