C2

Friday, February 23, 2007

THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS

Sometimes life can deal us some heavy blows. We don't know how to react to them and we lose focus on what really matters. Sometimes we just need to step back and breathe. I believe the solution is to get our mind off our problems and give ourselves time to re-energize. The single leading finding I've made about staying optimistic is that you have to take action at your worst moments. When you feel so dismal that all you want to do is crawl under a rock, watch TV, eat everything in sight, or sleep, that is the precise moment you need to either read or listen to something motivational, exercise, or spend time with your family or friends. I know, I once was in this state before. Shortly after making this discovery about myself, I attended church and as part of the pastor’s sermon, our pastor said "you may be having issues in your life, like financial, marital or physical problems, that are overwhelming you, but when you are feeling your worst, that is time you need to pray and read your bible." At that moment, I knew I was on the right track. There have been times when I had to force myself to exercise or read, and no matter how badly I felt when I started, it made me feel so much better afterwards. Did doing these things solve all my problems immediately? Of course not, but they helped me to maintain the positive attitude I needed to keep trying. So when you are feeling down and think you can't go on, above all else, remember that "this, too, shall pass."

On Valentine’s Day evening, some of my family members were in a terrible fatality accident that claimed the life of a precious 19-year old girl named Amanda Bixby. It was a three car accident that could of have been avoided if the driver of the car would have made better decisions in his own life. He decided the drugs he took were more important than the lives he put at risk when he got behind the wheel that fateful night. My Sister-in-Law is finally home from the hospital. She sustained head trauma and my nephew had a wound on his forehead that required stitches. Another passenger in my brother’s car suffered severe injuries to her left foot. She (15 year old girl) remains in the hospital and the doctors are not sure whether they will be able to save the her foot. I ask all of you who read this blog to say a prayer for Amanda’s parents and family and ask that you give my family strength. My brother Bill was at Amanda’s side when she took her last breath and he is having a really hard time coming to grips with all of this.

As for our house, we only have a very few short weeks until Closing Day and we are beyond excited. They were finally able to pour the concrete because the weather has been absolutely beautiful here (up in the high 50s/low 60s) and things are right on schedule.

Also wanted to wish the following a Happy Birthday (in the month of February): Bryan O. , Bob H. (Woo, hoo 70 years old, you don't look it or act like it! SMILES), Bailey (We can’t believe you are a Decade Old now! WOW!), Mom (Happy 61st Birthday), and Shelley (Happy Birthday Sis!)! We love you all!

Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad Nichols. Haven’t you two been married like FOREVER!?! and to Paul and Pauline!

Front Entry
Fireplace
Master Bath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home