C2

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Whine Lists - - My “To Do” “I Want” “I Need” Lists



I posted today on FB that God rested so why do we feel guilty when we rest? (sigh). I am three weeks post-op and without a doubt, I am in dire need of a system restore. Just like an old computer that is dragging and overloaded and running waaaaaaaay to slow, I need some one to restore, reboot, and clean up my motivational drive. I feel guilty because I can’t do the things right now that I want to do or need to do. My “to do” list keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Even though I am crazy busy with life in general, work, and preparing for the holidays, I am still at a stand still with other things in my life. Things like working out (which I miss dearly), cleaning (which I enjoy), my hobbies (photography, reading, writing), all of which have been put on hold. Quite frankly, I am itching to get back to all of these things now. Most of this is due to my surgery and I know I need to learn patience. (Hmm, perhaps this is God’s way of teaching me patience.) The joke is on me if you will! :) However, sometimes He just wants us to be STILL (something that does not come easily for me).

Whatever God has in store for me, I am praying for peace and patience that I get through the next few months with a new determination that I never had before. I have never been one to feel sorry for myself so today I lift up a prayer – one of thanksgiving for the ability He gives each one of us to overcome. God has given us all gifts and talents to sustain us and expects us to trust Him everyday and to recognize that life is a journey filled with gates to open and trails to be cleared. I truly believe during times like this (recovery phase), He teaches us about patience, which obviously I acknowledge is not my strength, but somehow I know that perseverance, patience, and thanksgiving are the key ingredients for me.

I will continue to thank God that I can embrace with joy and thanksgiving the discipline and focus it takes to get me to a place of peace and joy. So in the end, my “whine lists” will get done and I will be able to sigh in relief. :)

No worries.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and that you can get back to all the things that you love. It is VERY hard to be patient, especially with ourselves, but it all works out in the long run. Much love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home