C2

Friday, November 07, 2008

IT'S CALLED A JOURNEY FOR A REASON...

Was talking to a friend of mine today about the purpose of God in our lives. Really if we start thinking about it, because it is such a HUGE concept, it can really boggle your mind.

We must keep in mind that one of God's purpose for us is the JOURNEY, not just the DESTINATION (although I believe the destination is going to be pretty glorious). As we focus on the next obvious steps we need to take for growth, that destination will eventually take care of itself. We just have to obey and do what is in front of us. Don’t worry about what tomorrow brings, think about today. Because each step we take helps us grow into the person God intended for us to be.

Even when we go through adversity, it doesn’t mean God doesn’t love us. It took me a long time to figure that one out. Now I count them as a spiritual lesson. :) To be frank, I am still not always overjoyed to be enduring the grief and disappointment that negative circumstances usually cause and trust me sometimes I would love to play hooky and skip the lesson all together.

But as I look back at my life, it is easy to see that the times when my wisdom and understanding grew to new and higher levels (and were the times when I approached becoming the person I longed to be) were also after some pretty tough times.

So perhaps instead of fighting adversity, we need to jump in and gain the insight and wisdom to handle it. Then before we even know it, the problem is gone, and we are ready for the next lesson -- only this time around we will be stronger, both in spirit and in wisdom!

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this. Thank you. I love your posts, Elizabeth. They always make me think and look deeper.

Oh! You've been tagged too! Read my blog!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger marilee said...

Amen sister. It's all good, It's just how we chose to see it. Jesus never said this life would be easy, but it will be worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home