C2

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DANCE IN THE RAIN


Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rainAuthor Unknown


The bottom line is quite simple, weather affects us whether we like it or not. My sinuses are a barometer…….literally. I can usually tell when it is going to rain because, as the barometric pressure builds, my face feels more and more like it is going to explode, kind of like a migraine would feel.

When I have days like this, I usually try to sip on hot tea and take some sinus pressure medication. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes the headache won’t get any better until it actually starts raining. There are some other things I do to relieve the headache until I feel better, like sleeping (if it is possible) or working out. Sometimes that will relieve the pressure, believe it or not. :) Sometimes it takes an act of God to get me moving when the headache sets in, but once the endorphins release, it definitely is worth it.

Casting the headache aside, I love it when it rains…. the freshness, the raindrops falling down, a new slate, the beauty of it all…… makes me think of one of my favorite quotes:

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” Dolly Parton

I don’t know about you but I want to see those rainbows… reminding me of God’s promises…. :)

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Stef said...

I love it when it rains, too!

xo

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the rain when I can sit and hear the raindrops hit the window sill and watch them hit the pavement. Just not crazy about having to go out in it. But, yes, the reward of a beautiful rainbow is comforting.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rain:-) Reminds me of the story about the Mother that gave birth to a Daughter that had a rare birth defect and her skin was so tender that she couldn't be touched for months. She did grow out of it and when she was about three she was with her Mother at her Brother's baseball practice and she went up to her Mother and asked her, "Can you smell that"? And her Mother answered, "Yes, it smells like rain". The little girl said, "No, it smells like God". That's when the Mother realized that all of those months in the hospital that she couldn't hold her Daughter, that God was holding her and He smelled like the rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home