C2

Friday, September 19, 2008

FOR EVERY STORM A RAINBOW....


RAINBOW (VIEW FROM OUR DECK)

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”-Irish Blessing


And to me rainbows mean promise & hope.

Last Saturday evening as Kevin and I were just beginning to watch a movie, I happened to glance out the window and noticed the sky (light) seemed suddenly warm and glowing. I looked east and there was this beautiful double rainbow. I jumped up and down and ran upstairs to grab my camera. I LOVE rainbows and the meaning behind them. Not only do they remind me of His promises and hope, but they also bring me peace.

Since Stoli passed, Kevin and I say this prayer every evening for Stoli and for ourselves. Basically the prayers states that we hope Stoli is resting in the arms of God and that we hope God brings us peace and delivers us from our grief BUT we also pray that God gives us a sign that Stoli is okay. Sometimes we JUST need a sign from above to let us know that everything is indeed going to be okay...this was ours! It also happened one month to the day that Stoli passed. It was no coincidence my Friends.



VIEW FROM OUR FRONT PORCH

The pictures I am posting do not do the actual rainbow justice and if you were anywhere near KC last Saturday you will understand what I am trying to convey. It was an absolutely beautiful sunset with the orange glow and double rainbow. We could see the entire rainbow from end to end from our deck.




ANOTHER VIEW FROM OUR FRONT PORCH

So once again, God showed us that YES things will be okay, Stoli is doing well and although we will go through trials and will battle our own downpours and floods in life He promises to always save us. God just expects us to trust Him, lean on Him and love Him with all our hearts. He will take care of us. How awesome is that, that we serve a great and mighty God?


AFTER THE STORM

(NOTE: I will be posting photos of Stoli’s Memorial Garden next week. It is almost completed and looks beautiful! I can’t wait to share!)

3 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed at the number of times that I have seen a rainbow when I needed to..the first time was when Aaron and I were nervously heading to the bank to see if we'd get approved for our first mortgage..the rainbow seemed to end at the bank and we bought our first home that day...rainbows are amazing!

Shelley Coutu-Kling

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Lori said...

You and your hubby are so lucky to have each other. I hear the way you talk about him and it's so sweet.

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home