C2

Monday, August 25, 2008

TRANSITION NOT SO EASY....


Our Lion King


An emotional week, filled with tears was how this past week can best be described. Just when we think we have finally pulled it together, we lose it again. I do not think there will ever be a day that goes by that we will not think of Stoli. The transition has been tough. I mean let’s face it, Stoli was a HUGE part of our life. He even went with us to drop off our recyclables. I sobbed like a big ol’ baby yesterday when we dropped off our papers, aluminum and plastic. I am sure Stoli was up in heaven looking down going “it’s okay Mommy. You are doing what’s best for the environment!” :)

Every where we turn, we are reminded of Stoli. His loss is felt tremendously. The way he would sit on his mat and watch Kevin cook dinner, wishing upon every star in heaven that Kevin would drop something on the floor, so he could gobble it up. Or the way he would pop is head in the window when we would pull into the driveway, wow, was he ever excited about us coming home from work. We could feel his energy and excitement all the way outside. The way he would sit and stare at “Sarge” the kitty next door hoping he would take a stroll through our backyard! :) I know in time it will get easier but it sure is tough right now.

Our family and friends keep reminding us to remember the good times we had with Stoli. Every last moment we had with Stoli was wonderful. He was never a “bad” dog. He never chewed on things he wasn’t supposed to, he never barked at people (except for my father-in-law but even they made peace in the last few years), and he never pooped or peed in the house. Heck, he even woke Kevin up when he had to be sick by smacking his paw on Kevin’s chest in the middle of the night. Stoli would have been horrified to have “puked” on our carpet. He was over-all a perfect dog.

A few days ago I was gathering up pictures because my sweet cousin has decided to create a memorial book for us. I had to laugh at some of the photos I found. Stoli was not the “cutest” of dogs when we first got him but Kevin saw something in Stoli that even Mommy didn’t see. And that was the potential that Stoli had and how beautiful Stoli turned out to be, not just in his appearance but in his great disposition as well. It was not that I was completely opposed to getting a dog, but I had a kitty who was 16 years old and I wanted her to live the remaining part of her life in peace. Turns out Stoli was there to comfort me when she passed six months later. I would have been lost without Stoli. It is great how God works things out for us, eh? :)


The day we brought Stoli home

We are going to celebrate Stoli's life, enjoy our memories, and write about him, what he has meant to us, how and in what manner he enlightened our spirit and soul, with his sloppy slobbers and his silliness. He was a loyal friend always, not judging nor condemning, but accepting us with unconditional love.

A vision for hope does not eliminate pain or sorrow, but allows one to look forward to something better in the moment and the days to come. It is with that thought we stay in the moment with the hopes of mending our hearts and quieting our minds and hopefully finding that peace that we are craving.

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Stef said...

I think it is good for you, maybe cathartic, to write about Stoli and your feelings. It will probably help you get thru this tough time.

xo~

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger timberly said...

Hey girl...I am thinking of you, praying for you and holding you up!! I know it must be such a difficult time for you...please call me if you need me anytime day or night....I love you my friend...you are my hero!!! love ya, tim

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - we lost Taylor 2 years ago and she's still part of our lives. You never forget.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and commenting and showing your support I really appreciate it.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Kevin. :)

Kellie Jo

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Stoli ... he sounds like a wonderful dog and I know how much you will miss him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home