C2

Saturday, August 02, 2008

TIME IS GROWING NEAR :(


Unfortunately, we believe Stoli's time is limited. We had hoped for a few months but after watching him just in the past few days, things are looking quite bleak. He is having issues getting up or down our stairs so we have adjusted his schedule so he can just go out to do his business in our front yard. Whatever keeps him as comfortable as possible. He doesn't get too excited about anything, not even cheese or his walks....:(

Morning times are the worst for him. He does seem to have a little bit more energy in the afternoon, but not a whole lot. His ears perk right up when we tell him "kitty"is outside and he will even venture out to the deck but he won't go down the stairs. So this is what he sees staring back at him! :) Like Kevin reminded me, there is nothing wrong with his mind, he is fully aware of what is going on, his body just isn't cooperating. :(

Our relationship with Stoli is pretty special, probably not all that different than the one you have with your pet. And as his owners, we are responsible for his care and welfare. Unfortunately, eventually, we are faced with making life or death decisions for our pet. The decision we are facing right now is NOT easy.... and we just hate the fact that we may have to make it sooner than later.... but more than I hate that fact, I hate to see him miserable.

I mean look at him....doesn't he look like an Angel Dog! That's our Stoli! :)

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger April said...

:( I couldn't think of what to say on your other posts. I really feel for you. This would be a hard situation. Pets are family members and I hate that they only have a short time here on Earth with us. I can't wait to see my old dogs Spanky and Weazer when I get to Heaven!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Stef said...

I remember being in your exact situation with my childhood Cocker Spaniel, Mandy (named after the Barry Manilow song....mom's idea). Anyway, I was 7 months pregnant with raging hormones and my brother and I were faced with seeing her thru her final days. It was gut wrenching, to say the least. My heart goes out to you!

xo~

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Sunnie said...

My eyes are all tearing up just reading this. I went through this 2 years ago and it was the hardest thing I have ever done but you are right, we do not want them to suffer in anyway.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger zooman said...

Hey guys, I feel your pain but the pleasure each and every one of our pets has brought into our lives brings me so much more happiness than I could ever imagine.When Stoli's last day arrives, always remember all the great things he brought into your lives and the constant joy he was to have around. His spirit will always be with you,
Troy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home