C2

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FREIGHT TRAINS

Peter 5:10 " But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Before we built our new house, we lived in a town where we would hear the freight trains go by every few minutes. They were LOUD, sometimes they would shake the house (and we lived a mile away) and our dog Stoli would howl his big head off! :) But now we live on the lake and only get to hear a train every once in awhile.

Since my surgery, I have had plenty of "rest" time. I have had time to watch shows on TLC (which I absolutely LOVE). I also have had time to think deeply (uh-oh) of some of the areas in my life that I need to clean up. On the surface, I could clean up my closet and my dresser drawers. :) But inside, I need to have a closer walk with God. He is the one who gives me that inner peace that I crave each and every day and if I don't give him the "time of day" WELL why should I expect him to give me the time of day, let alone peace. :)

Also during my down time, I have learned a very valuable lesson. I AM NOT INVINCIBLE. I am not Wonder Woman (sorry friends) and I can't do it all. This has put me in a bit of a pickle, because you see it brings me to an internal battle/trial. I WANT to do it all, I want to be Wonder Woman! :)

You are probably asking what in the world does Freight Trains have to do with this post, well, let me tell you. Trials can come like a freight train, one freight car after another, after another. The one thing we must realize is this..... sooner or later the caboose WILL finally arrive and pass us. What is the old saying???? "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" and it will.

I believe God gives us trials so that we appreciate His power and love and that we learn to lean on Him and grow stronger in our faith. If life was always perfect, where is the blessing in it? We would never know His amazing gifts of lifting us up in our darkest hour. God will always give us fresh anointing daily to handle everything we may endure in this lifetime. We just have to have faith! :)

So let those freight trains come..... let them toot their horns and make all the noise they want because I know in my heart that the caboose is just around the bend.

xoxo

3 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger zooman said...

Hope you are getting close to being back at full capacity. I bet it's tough with the down time, but like you said it's also valuable time for soul searching and reflection.Thanks for the visit to my blog. For some reason all of our dogs have been pond hounds,
Hugs,
Troy

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I SO need to work on becoming closer to God. I bought a Bible not too long ago and wanted to start reading everyday, it seems that 'other' things have become more important. I vowed to 'talk' to him everyday. I've forgotten many times. Thank you so much for this. You may not be Wonder Woman, but you are an AMAZING woman all the same.

HUGS

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I always think things happen for a reason. You needed downtime to think. Hope you are doing better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home