C2

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Teeter Totter Syndrome

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own,having a dog makes you rich."--dog" Louis Sabin


I am sure you all know what the title of this blog means... We are up and down quite a bit with this disease. Stoli has really good days but equally bad days. I must say the good days are extra-ordinary but man, oh, man, those bad days... really make me wonder how long we actually have.

His vet/oncologist called me yesterday and informed me that this will be the pattern of his life until the end so we shouldn't get alarmed or make any drastic decisions until his bad days outnumber his good days. Right now, that hasn't happened. She also informed us that lymphoma is NOT a painful cancer, but makes Stoli just not feel good. That really made us feel much better. Not that we want Stoli not to feel good, but that he is not in severe pain.


Our neighbor Lisa has been a godsend to us. She has been "watching" Stoli for us as we go to work each day, which has really reduced my anxiety levels. However, I must say when she calls me my heart stops until I receive whatever news it is she is calling me about. Usually it is just an update on our little Champion and that he is feeling much better than when we left him.


Kevin and I are extremely blessed to have so many friends and family members who are really concerned and are compassionate about our situation. I have only encountered one snarky remark by one grouchy individual about Stoli "he is only a dog, get over it." I chalked it up to that person having a really bad day and that they have never owned a pet before...... because I am here to tell you, if you ever had the opportunity to spend five minutes with our Stoli, you would immediately fall in love with him and share the same emotions we have for him. :) I'm just sayin'! :)


So thanks to all of you who have left comments and called and prayed for us. We TRULY do appreciate you and love you!
~ Elizabeth

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stef said...

xo~

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just reading this brings tears to my eyes. It brings back all the memories of when our Blaze had Lymphoma. He didn't seem to really be in pain, just VERY lethargic, but by the end he had so much fluid in his head that he could barely lift it anymore, I said that was enough. It was the hardest thing to do, to say good-bye, but I couldn't watch him suffer anymore. My heart and prayers are with you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home