C2

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TIME TO FALL

Wow. That was fast. Summer’s over. Well, it’s not really over until September 21st. But this summer was a blur, wasn’t it?

June was crammed full of activities, a solo-trip to Canada by Kevin, a fitness retreat/weekend, and then before we could do ten pushups, it was already July 4.

We had a lot of major events going on this past summer. I spent a majority of my summer recovering from my surgery and taking care of Stoli during his final days, but then all of a sudden we look up and Labor Day has passed us by and we are now smack down in the middle of September.

There have been some obvious signs that summer is over this week - the temps at night are in the mid 40s, I have been eyeing my fall and winter clothing and thinking it is time for a shopping spree (HA!), fall catalogs are flowing in, and our trees were finally delivered (you know you are only supposed to plant trees in the Fall months). Yeah me being the Green Thumb Guru that I am. LOL.

BUT I must confess that although it is still officially Summer, I have been beside myself with complete and utter happiness as I look around and SEE Fall. :) I absolutely, without a doubt, love this time of year. Perhaps it is because it is the most colorful time of the year.. or perhaps it is the cooler temps.

Or maybe it is because of the beauty that surrounds us this time of year:


Beautiful colors

or that I always enjoy baking this time of year:


or because my favorite two sports are back, oh yeah..... :)


or perhaps it is because Kevin and I are heading here to celebrate my birthday in two weeks:




Seattle

Whatever it is, I am happy and excited about the months ahead.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Marilee said...

I agree. It's a glorious time of year. (mostly cuz it's your birthday and you're my most favorite person in the world)

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the Fall picture of the trees. Beautiful. I wish I shared your love of Fall. I like it, because I like pulling out my big soft sweaters, but it's just a reminder to me that Winter is on it's way and how I hate the cold. But, the colors of Fall are absolutely beautiful and I do appreciate the smells too. Just wish we could have Fall and then bounce back into Spring again then Summer. Can I skip Winter? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home