C2

Monday, September 08, 2008

FITNESS FUNK'S LAST HOORAH



It is Monday folks, which means it is time to shake off the weekend and get your butts moving! I do not know about you all but I need a challenge to keep me interested in working out. I mean do not get me wrong, I workout every day and eat clean most of the time but without a specific goal in mind, my heart is just not in it, which sometimes puts me into a fitness funk.

You know what I am talking about right? You have been lifting the weights faithfully and running diligently. You believe you are looking pretty darn good and everything seems to be going well but then BAAAAAAAAM, out of nowhere, it suddenly comes to a screeching halt. What the heck happened?? You are still working out and still eating all the protein and veggies you can possibly shove down your throat. Plus getting your required hours of sleep. But you still feel funky? What the heck gives and why can’t you pull yourself out of it?

I have been like this ALL year…. I can’t quite put my finger on what the problem is BUT I believe it is because I have no REAL goals ahead of me and I need them to move forward in my fitness journey!

SOOOOOOOOO, last week Kevin and I decided that we are going to run in our very first 5K next Spring and what better time to start training for it than NOW! I am so pumped. We both absolutely detest cardio but this is a challenge to us and being the competitive people that we are, we LOVE challenges. We got the running program off of runnersworld.com (http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-380-381-386-9397-0,00.html) and it is seems simple enough…well, it seems easy. We will let you know how we do! :)

4 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stef said...

Nothing like a goal to keep you motivated! Way to go!

xo~

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so excited for you both!!! What a great goal! I'm so with you there on still working out and eating 'fairly' healthy, but have lost that ooomph! Well, I feel it's coming back and I have a goal too! I want to FINALLY wear a sexy costume for Halloween this year, that gives me about a month and a half! Whoo-hoo!

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger zooman said...

I think that's what Susan and I were going through until we signed up for this mini tri we are doing in Oct. Should be a ripper!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Wahoo!!! Sounds like a great goal. I just saw a shirt today at the Nike Store that fits with your post. "Next Season Starts Today." I bet you find you're ready for the 5k sooner than you think and find your self doing a Turkey Trot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home