C2

Monday, May 14, 2007

WHAT LIES WITHIN

First of all, Happy Mother’s Day to all you BEAUTIFUL Mamas out there. To all those that I am close to (you know who you are) thanks for being there for me through the years. Your love means sooooooo much to me. As for my Mother’s Day, I spent the entire day relaxing, watching a few favorite movies and reading. I did not want to go out to a crowded restaurant for dinner so Kevin bbq’ed shrimp (for me) and ribs (for them), which was YUMMY. Scott stayed home all day and we had a great visit. I spent a lot of quality time with those I love and those who love me. All is well. :-)

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson


As for the quote above, I was talking with one of my friends about what makes us up, what is it that we are all about, what makes someone whole. Along with morals, honesty and beliefs, I think character is one of the most important characteristics on an individual’s personality. Emerson’s quote really hits home and almost defines the word character for me.


Memorial Day weekend is a difficult weekend for me. If you will recollect, I lost my Grandmother last year over Memorial Day weekend. She was not just a Grandmother to me. She was like a Mother to me and one of my closest friends. I believe I acquire a lot of my character from my Grandmother. She used to always remind me how important it was to give to others, no matter what it was. It didn't have to be material or monetary items. A smile, for example, would suffice. She also reminded me that everything in life can be taken away from you except what lies in your heart. She always instilled in me the notion of how important it is to be a good person and love everyone and not judge those around you. I think it is important for me to use my time in a constructive manner and fortify all of who I am. If I become half the woman that my Grandmother was, I will feel truly fulfilled. Every time I think of her I think of character. She always stood firmly behind everything she believed, loved God with all her heart and never ever thought once of herself. I truly miss her!


My best friend will be flying in from Phoenix over Memorial Day weekend and I CANNOT wait to see her. We always have a great time when we are together and LAUGH until we cry. So having her around will definitely make Memorial Day weekend easier to cope with. :-) Thanks Lou!


As for the house, things are going well. We should be getting our fence material sometime this week and start putting the fence up by next weekend. Stoli will be extremely happy about that. Plus he needs to lose a few pounds. :-) Poor doggy!


Until later.......Have a blessed day!

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Sorry for your loss last year. I hope this one brings good memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home