C2

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Starved for Color

So I finally figured out what my problem is….. :-) I sent an e-mail to my beautiful Mother-in-law “whining” about “the cold, the snow, the wind and the brutal temps” and she replies back “HEH, HEH, HEH.” If you have ever heard her laugh, you will TOTALLY get this post! :-) Plus she sends me the above pictures……and basically told me to quit “whining.” She is a Canadian and totally has the right to complain about the cold brutal temps! :)

So my problem is…… I feel starved for color. I believe warmth and color is the essence of life. The thing I like best about winter is the anticipation of knowing it ends and the warmth and green will soon return. I love Springtime, Summer and Fall but have a hard time during the winter months. It lacks color! :-)

I don’t think I am alone with my issues… because I believe a lot of you too feel like you have been trapped inside for months with no chance of parole. To get back to my color dilemna, we all know that when it is cold, cloudy, or gloomy, that we would prefer to curl up in bed or on the couch with a good book. That is because we crave sunlight (color). Think about it. In the Spring and Summer, when the days are longer, we are outside, doing things, and soaking up the sun. And our moods are usually a whole lot brighter. We laugh more, we don’t stress as much about certain things, we are adventurous and do things we have never tried before.

But, sadly in the wintertime, it is a whole new ballgame. We come home from work, too tired to move, just wanting to crawl into bed and read, or watch TV, or just plain fall asleep. Well, I know that I act that way, so I am presuming that most of you do , too. We need that sunshine to get us going.

So my plan is to get more “color” in my life…… which in turn will give me more energy during these months when I can't get outside. I plan on lightening up the house and putting on some good fun music. You know, the kind of music that makes you feel good and silly inside. Whatever it takes to get the blood flowing again and helps bring back some color and a sense of contentment until Spring finally arrives
….
Happy Valentine's Day! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home