C2

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I WANT TO BE A _______ WHEN I GROW UP! ;)

With the pressures of daily life, do any of us really have time to think about our dreams? Do we even know what our dreams are? If you ask a child what their dreams are, they will tell you. What do you want to be when you grow up? It is always such and easy answer for them. But once we do grow up, then what? Is is too late for us?

What if we never realized, that we might have been forgetting to follow our dreams? Worse than that, what if we thought we were following our dreams, but it turned out that we were living a nightmare? Then what? Is it too late? Do we get a second chance at our dreams?

When is it too late to follow your dreams? I would like to believe the answer to that question is never. I think our dreams are ever changing, and ever evolving, just as our lives are. I think that it is okay not to be exactly sure what our dreams are, and it is also okay if our dreams change from time to time. The only thing that is not okay, is to give-up on our dreams. Because, once you give-up your dreams, you lose hope for your future.

But why then, do so many people give-up or deny their dreams? That is an easy one to answer…..They give up because they are afraid, afraid of failure. Fear is what stops us from following our dreams. Fear is the darkness that casts a shadow over our light. And, fear is what we need to overcome if we want to reach for our dreams. Fear has stopped me many times in pursuing my dreams!

The most important thing to remember is this……never let go of your hopes and dreams, even when you are not sure what they are. So, take some time to figure out what your greatest dreams are, and then walk confidently towards them, without fear.

I intend on fulfilling my dreams, even if I do hit a few detours along the way! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home