C2

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY???

"As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good."
2 Thessalonians 3:13, NLT

Have you ever met someone who is a total fake? I mean everything about them is so unreal that you just want to puke? They try to be the life of the party and put themselves out there but you can see right through them and you know that deep down they are not a very happy person? They even stoop so low as to make fun of others just to feel accepted. Trust me, these type of folks, have no inner peace and truly make me sad. I always say a prayer for them because I think they need real peace in their life. Then I try to do whatever I can to become a blessing to them. After all, they need the blessings more than I do. :)

Many people live their whole lives wrapped up in things that make them happy. Often they don't worry about those around them or even realize that they should. It is all about them. Now trust me, I am all for obtaining your goals and getting what you want out of life, don't get me wrong on this point, but I do believe there is more to life than just that. God wants to bless us with a happy life BUT I am sure He wouldn't mind seeing us bless others while we are going about our business (life).

Have you seen the movie, "Paying It Forward"? This movie reminds me to be a blessing to others. Like always do something for someone else in response to the good deed that another person has done for you. This can make for a endless circle of blessing as good deeds continue to be extended. What a wonderful concept and one I think should be used on a daily basis. :)

Many times in our pursuit of perfection, achieving our goals and living life, we do not take the time to realize the impact of our behavior on others, both good and bad. Maybe because we are struggling in our own lives or have our own pain and frustrations to overcome, sometimes we do not put enough effort into being a blessing to others. Do you treat others with kindness and respect regardless of their differences? Do you use the old saying do unto others as you would have others do unto you? Do you practice empathy and compassion when interacting with others? Instead of praying for your own needs and wants, ask how you can be a blessing to others. The rewards are greater than words can explain! Believe me I have tried this method and it definitely works. It has helped me to understand and overcome struggles in my own personal journey each day.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small deed you can change a person's life, for the better. Sometimes all it takes is a smile. Now how simple is that…. just looking up and smiling at someone. God puts us in each other's lives to impact one another.

Now I urge you to go out and be a blessing to that special someone today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home