C2

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Forsaking Your Friends, NOT! :)

"Do not forsake your friends" Proverbs 27:10

This past weekend, Kevin and I were invited to one of our friend's house for a party. We have been trying to hook up with them for quite some time and something always seems to come up. Either we are out of town, too busy or the best laid plans just don't seem to fall into place. I am sure you all can relate. Life gets too busy and hectic and the next thing you know weeks, months and even years have passed. BUT...............you truly miss your friend and wish with all your might that you could make things happen and spend some more time with them.

I think one of the saddest days in our life could come when we realize that things will never be the same again between you and your friend(s). I know I used to hang out with a bunch of different women but over the past 10 years we have moved on and have grown apart. It isn't that I don't think of them anymore or that I don't love them, it is just that our life took a different path. You know the scenario, your interest changes, your life changes, you start hanging out with different people and before you know it you are heading down a different road (not necessarily a better one, just a different one).

BUT..................... sometimes, you have the urge to fight for a friendship no matter how long it has been since you have seen them and for this one particular friend, that is what I did, I fought to see her. I sent e-mails and even though I didn't get responses at times, I still sent them and FINALLY, last Saturday night I was able to give her the long awaited hug we both needed. It was so nice to get caught up on what had been happening over the last eighteen months. So if you are reading this my friend, I missed you and glad we found our way back! :)

So I'm telling you, if you have a friend you haven't seen in awhile and you can't get them off your mind! FIGHT it! Make a phone call. Send them an e-mail. Organize a girl's night out or get together with your spouses. Do something but don't let the friendship fade away. Our friendship may not be the same as it was before, after all we both have matured, but the friendship we cherished can survive.

All it takes is one determined person who refuses to let the good times be forgotten. Now go make that call! ;)

(NOTE: the photo is of White Sands in New Mexico. Pretty awesome!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home