C2

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

But For the Grace of God Go I

This subject really bothers me. People who judge other people. I guess because it is something I have dealt with all of my life. You see because I did not follow a certain path, someone close to me told lies and made up stories about me to make themselves feel better and to this day will not admit that they lied (even though they claim to be a “Christian”). So what is the solution? I basically have prayed about it my entire life and have suppressed my feelings. I go about my business but when I see someone else judging another human being, it really makes me angry.

My thoughts are we all need to observe our oneness with humanity…instead of viewing ourselves as the best, the enlightened, the spiritual, the entitled, etc…when we realize that we are JUST like everyone else with the same sin tendencies as everyone else with the same needs/insecurities/drives as everyone else we can have more kindness and compassion. When we put ourselves up on a pedestal and look down on others, we are deceiving ourselves. There but for the grace of God go I….

Honestly, who are WE to judge others? Some will say, well it is just strangers that I judge, but honestly, the ones we are closest to and love the most, we judge the most. If we would only stop for a second to put ourselves in their shoes… How do we know what they have been through? Where they have been? Think of how different your group of friends could be or how different your family could be if the only words from your mouth to them were edifying and uplifting…only allowing thoughts of grace or forgiveness to come into your mind and out of your mouth as you speak about them or to them. I know that all of you have probably experienced deep hurts in your life (I know I have) and they often come from someone close to you but it is possible to judge the situation apart from the person involved. It is hard, but you can.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Another great post.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Colorado Kid said...

What can I say about that post... I have been guilty of judging others only to find out I was WRONG!!!!

Awesome post!!!

Cas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home