C2

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Good News and Then Not So Good News :(

Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished.- Og Mandingo

Yesterday, I received a phone call from a dear friend of mine who said she got the "all clear" from her oncologist. Praise the Lord. She has been through a tough battle over the last few years and has stayed spunky as ever.

However, today I received news that another one of our friends isn't doing so well. He is suffering from lung cancer. I don't want to mention any names as they are very private people but I did want them to know that they are definitely in our thoughts and prayers!


And for anyone of you reading this who are dealing with a serious illness, whatever it may be, my hope for you is that you allow yourself the space to feel your real feelings, without censorship. I wish for you the love and support that will allow you to crack a smile or feel that deep belly-laugh when you are able. And wherever you are in your journey, I wish you gentleness (my theme of the week) in accepting whatever it is that you can or cannot manage and know you have folks out their praying for you!

"Don’t allow the circumstances of yesterday to overshadow the power of God working in your life TODAY!"
Joel Osteen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home