C2

Monday, April 28, 2008

In Charge of Our Attitudes


"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes." Charles S. Swindoll

As most of you know, I have been planning for months the KS Champions Weekend (http://www.kschampionsweekend.com/) and things are falling into place and looking excellent. I love that the KS folks are going to make a difference in a lot of people’s lives. However, today I received news from the Y that because of insurance liability reasons, the BFL folks are not going to be able to conduct the classes as first promised. WHAT??? I had negotiated the fee, the time and the classes (and the rooms to be used) for this special weekend. BUT the regional director has since left and a new person is in charge and has told us under no circumstances is an “outsider” allowed to conduct a class on the “Y’s” property. Look, I have been in the legal field for 23 years and TOTALLY understand the legal ramifications BUT it is still very disappointing to me that we initially agreed upon the terms and 60 days out, I now have to change our plans.

It isn’t the end of the world and we will adjust. We still have a great price, good hours and as far as I know, the “Y” will be offering their own classes. I still have one more conference call before the “classes” are official. I’m not worried. :)

I guess the point of this blog is that although I could have pouted, stomped my feet and complained, I took it all in stride. Seriously, what else could I have done??? All I can do is plan as best as I can and hope that everyone has a wonderful time. I FEEL it in my heart that this is going to be a MAGNIFICENT weekend……. I can’t let a few minor details ruin the entire weekend. I am taking this challenging situation and only looking at the positive side of it. It can only get better from here…

LIFE IS GOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home