C2

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TRANSFORMATION INTO HEAVEN

Grandma was an inspiration to us all. Her graciousness, generosity and smile will never be forgotten and she will live in our hearts forever. I LOVE to picture her in Heaven and I just have this gut feeling that she is happy and rejoicing that she is finally FREE and ageless and without pain and sorrow. However, I can’t say that I will ever be fully “okay” with her not being here with us BUT I do know she would want us to carry on the acts of kindness and the law of reciprocation. She wouldn’t want us to wallow in self-pity, grieve for her or wish our life away.

So today on her 2nd year anniversary of her transformation into Heaven, I am going to write down words that describe her: faithful, calm, peaceful, humble, strong, challenging, intelligent, compassionate, beautiful, and wise.

I will always value Grandma’s legacy. She gave us all the introduction that would lead us to eternal life, if we simply asked for it. Thousands will go to Heaven because of her decision to spread the gospel. Some day we all will see how God has rewarded her in Heaven for all her work here on earth. It is and, I suspect always will be, a challenge to live up to the standard that Grandma set for us, as her family and those around her, but I truly believe when our work is done here on earth, God will exclaim “Well done my good and faithful servant!” And I will have my Grandmother to thank.

So in closing, I will say thank you GOD for Grandma - she changed the course of my life for eternity and for generations to come. She never gave up on any of us even when we lost our way and I believe her prayers kept us protected and lead us back to the right path. Grandma once told me that this was the scripture she based her life on “..but seek first His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
(NOTE: The picture was taken one week before her passing)

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger April said...

I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your grandma in life :) I know ours are up there chatting about there grand young-uns! I still miss mine so much but feel like she is my angel watching over me.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Grandma's are the BEST!!!

What a beautiful picture of the two of you.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Lori said...

What a special grandma.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of your grandmother on this anniversary. Remember as Denise says, 'you GET to go to heaven.'

I just made my blog private, but would love to invite you to view it. Email me at k9sarchick at yahoo and I'll add you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home