C2

Thursday, February 12, 2009

FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT



Recognizing What Battles to Fight by Joel Osteen


Not every battle is worth fighting. Many of the challenges that come our way are simply distractions trying to lure us from our destiny. When we have opportunities to get upset, maybe somebody is talking about us, or a competitor at work is spreading rumors, or our parents say something that they shouldn't have, we ought to stop and ask ourselves, "If I engage in this battle and spend my time and energy trying to straighten somebody out, defending myself, arguing with a family member, trying to prove that I'm right, even if I win this battle what is the prize going to be? What is this fight going to accomplish?"

You see, there are a lot of battles that come across our lives each day, but they simply aren't worth the fight. The end result is strife and disharmony.

Proverbs 20:3 says, "Avoiding a fight is mark of honor." If you want to honor God and enjoy your life, decide to be a peacemaker. Be the kind of person that will avoid an unnecessary fight.

If you'll be disciplined to fight the battles that do matter, and take the focus off of those that are less important, not only will your relationships be better and your home full of peace, but God will bless you because where there is peace and unity, God commands a blessing.

________________________
My thoughts:
I absolutely love this post and God knows exactly what messages to bring to us exactly when we need it. Life is too short to deal with people's bad attitudes and snarkiness. I will do what I do best.... I will pray for them and ask God to help me deal with them and ask that HE help ME be a better person.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sooner Girl said...

AWESOME!! This is so true and a great reminder.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger marilee said...

Amen sister. God's got great plans. We can't get in the way of them,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home