C2

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BE STILL



During the holiday rush and Christmas shopping, many folks need a little time to relax and unwind. Each morning I take the time out of my busy day for devotion. Lately, my devotions have been about slowing down, not taking on to many commitments and relaxing. You think God is trying to convey a message to me? I DO! :)

I will be taking some well needed time off during the last few weeks of this year and I must say that during this time I will reflect upon this past year’s events and think about what goals I would like to accomplish in 2009. I also will share with my family the good things that happened during the year and will try and inspire them to share their thoughts as well. Really, if we look hard, our thoughts do not have to be about major events that happened but can emphasize on actions that demonstrate the blessings of the season. Things like the reason why we celebrate Christmas in the first place, words of love, gratitude, etc.

So stop what you are doing, BE STILL….. RELAX and enjoy the season. Enjoy your friends and family. Enjoy the end of the year. We have worked really hard and have earned this time of rest. In fact, we deserve it. It is time to relax and recharge because in just a few short days, we will begin a new year and it will start all over again.

All that we have left to do is wrap the rest of our gifts, prepare yummy food and open our home to host the Nichols Christmas Dinner, bake, bake and bake some more and then relax, be still and wait…. Wait for the magic that is Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and I TOTALLY agree!

Merry Christmas Elizabeth! May all your wishes come true this Holiday Season.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home