C2

Friday, December 12, 2008

It's A Beautiful Life

December is here and things are in FULL swing here at our house. Organization, tackling to-do-lists, attending holiday parties, visiting friends, cleaning, and preparing for Christmas are in full force. I absolutely love it. I feel so together, so on top of things, so fruitful, and productive.

Christmas cards are signed and mailed. Our decorations are up all over the house. There is just something about turning on the Christmas lights when you get home and sitting back and relaxing. It brings me comfort….. I love love love it! And when I have time to sit back and relax, my thoughts drift to things that I am most thankful for.

It has a been a very full year for our family. Full of highs and lows, changes and lessons. A lot of those lessons have been learned and life-changing for me personally. I know I have said this before in different self-reflexive posts, but I am at such a different place, and feel like such a different person than I was just a few short years ago. And for these two facts alone, I am so happy and free and very very thankful! The difficult lessons we learned this year did not outweigh the blessings that we received.

I am thankful for the life that I live. Especially my family. All my life I have dreamt of this family which I soak up on a daily basis. I always pictured it in my mind and prayed that one day my heart would be content and full of life. I wondered what it would be like to have a life like the one I am experiencing. I am living proof that God hears our prayers and knows the desires of our hearts. My son is thriving and doing great after the loss of his father. It took him awhile but he is finally at a place in his life where he is truly at peace. (Thank you Jesus).

I married a man who knows me better than I know myself, provides all things for me and loves me unconditionally. He never complains and he does things that he knows I love without me telling him to do them. He just does what he needs to do and then some. Always supportive, positive and loving. Trust me, there are times my heart is so full, words are hard to find to describe how I feel.

Both of us are employed and we love our jobs. That isn’t something you see every day and we are thankful God gave us the opportunity and opened doors for us that we thought were closed a long time ago. We live a very content life with what we have and with the system we have going on it works for us and we are happy. Amidst the failing economy, God provides for us and gives us the wisdom to save and budget. It is a good feeling knowing we are in agreement in our marriage on the issues of money, and that it is important to both of us.

So tell me, during this holiday season, what are you truly thankful for? I hope and pray that for all of you, it is abundant.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger The Blonde Girl said...

So true, Elizabeth.
We get so consumed by the world around us that it is very easy to loose perspective and realize how BLESSED we all are!

I am grateful for friends, family, my son, my job, my HEALTH, the fact that Jesus Christ died for my sins and for His love and guidance in my life.

All glory to God.

Have a wonderful festive season with your loved ones.

xxx
Hilana

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sooner Girl said...

You are so on the money and we all need to be reminded and remember that we are fortunate in many ways. I am so greatful for many things, my husband, my wonderful son, my dad who drives me crazy at times and for in laws that are as awesome as you!! You are more than my sister-in-law you are my sister, and the calm in the middle of the storm. Love Ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home