C2

Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas :)



Yesterday I took the time to put up all of our Christmas decorations....what I didn't know was that it was going to take me 10 FULL hours.... I had no idea (or I had forgotten) that I have five trees to put up.... and before you go FIVE trees? One tree is 7ft tall and the other 4 are under 2ft so it REALLY isn't that bad until you start putting up the ornaments!!! OMGoodness, I am in dire need of a massage. Seriously! :) I guess I should have skipped my workout before starting. :)


At any rate, I am glad that the decorations are up and that the house looks festive. My son Scott really loves this time of year and commented on how nice the house looks. It took me so long because I was determined to go through each and every ornament and "declutter." I have stuff that is 20 years old which I never use anymore... no reason to keep it. Don't worry folks it wasn't any of the ornaments that Scott made for me through his childhood....those are precious memories I would never part with. Sometimes it is hard to create your own filter for what makes a worthy, keepable ornament. Trust me, if you haven't used it for over 7-10 years, get rid of it.... :)

After I finally got all of the decorations up, it was clean up time, which seemed to take more time than all that came before. However, when we were done, our house was festive, our hearts were full, and our hopes were elevated to a season that celebrates a Savior.

Now, we all can sit back, relax and wait for the festivities to begin.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
(Kevin's mom took the Christmas photos above of Kevin and Elizabeth!)

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger david santos said...

Brilliant!
GOD BLESS

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

I love Christmas decorations. The pictures of you and Kevin are SO adorable.

Love you sweet friend.

Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home