C2

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

IT IS TIME TO CHANGE


As you all know (and stated here on my blog) I love Facebook. Everyday I go on there and fill in my “status.” Sometimes it is personal and sometimes it is a statement that has significant meaning behind it and sometimes I try to think of something “quirky” to say. Today’s status states: “Elizabeth is thinking that people should quit complaining and start changing.” Hmmmm, what do I mean…. Well, let me explain…..we all know that sometimes things do not always go the way we want or expect them to go. Plan and practice as we might, sometimes things just fall apart at the seams.

When circumstances take twists and turns we don’t expect, we often feel disheartened. We then feel like we have the right to complain about our circumstances. But complaining produces a negative mindset. It forces us to unintentionally dwell on what is wrong in our lives instead of focusing on what we can change or do to make things right again.

Have you ever met a person who ALWAYS has some drama going on in their life? I don’t mean misfortune that is beyond their control. I am talking about someone who constantly brings things on themselves and then complains about it. I know a few people who can’t seem to go a day without drama happening. Personally, it would drive me up the wall to have some sort of drama going on day in and day out… but that’s just me… I live for peace and quiet… :)

I honestly believe that some people create unhappy lives for themselves because they just don’t know how to be any different; while others enjoy playing the role of victim. These type of people are ALL ABOUT THEMSELVES….. :( Do you really want things in your life to be better in some way or do you want to keep being the star in your own personal drama just for the attention? You simply cannot keep being the main character in your own misfortune if you want to have a happy and fulfilling life.

It is a simple fact of life that every one of us is going to endure suffering in some form, could be physical, emotional, or mental, but it is going to happen, if it hasn’t already. Sometimes we are quick to judge and curse God for allowing it, instead of accepting it for what it is. A stepping stone. God could stop all suffering, but He doesn’t because He told us to deny ourselves, pick up our crosses and follow Him. Life hurts sometimes but it doesn’t mean we are to give up all hope and wallow in our sorrow. We need to pray about our circumstances, embrace it, look for God’s guidance and then move on, knowing that God will help us in our times of need. I don't know about you but He has never foresaken me yet and I truly put my trust in Him.

So I guess to sum up my status, I think that if you are unhappy and don’t know what to do, you should first stop complaining and think of a way to start changing. After all, you are the only person you can control. :) Start by doing something and then observe what happens. Is the “change” happening for you? If so, you have solved your problem and changed for the better. BUT if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again and do something else. However, if you want to keep the same old problems and dreary life, then just keep complaining about it and it is sure to stay pretty much the way it is. Either way, what you think about will tend to fill your life.

With God’s help and your family and friends’ assistance, you can change for the better and have a fulfilled and meaningful life…. It is up to you! :)

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger marilee said...

I agree. Life is what we make of it. We are all born, have victories, defeats and we die. Attitude is everything.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, great post. I wonder though, the people who have all this drama all the time and complain about it, do they really KNOW that it is themselves that is creating it? I think most of them TRULY believe it is stuff that is out of their control and just keeps happening to them.

Like you said, I keep trying and trying to make my life a happier one. It becomes difficult sometimes because of the choices that I've made in this life, but you are also right that I can change it to make it better. Also, with God's guidance and love, things will always get better and better.

Love you girl.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger The Blonde Girl said...

I could not agree with you more!
The worst of it is when they try pull you into their drama and make you a player too.:( UGH.
I work with a woman like that, and she simply cannot exist if she doesn't have her drama. Which of course, gives her reason to drink all the pills she does just to "cope" with every day.
So sad.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger JocelynD said...

You are so beautiful :) When I start finding things to complain about I think of how much I've changed my life around completely. Life is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home