C2

Monday, January 12, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF THE SOUL


He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else
-
Benjamin Franklin


Okay here is the deal! Most of us are not completely honest with ourselves in some area of our lives (no matter what you say). We let ourselves off the hook too quickly when we come up against the hard work of pushing forward toward the things we want most in our lives. In my case, it is always about fitness, about my body.

Every morning it is the same. I wage a war, in my head. I start with “I am exhausted.” “I didn’t get enough sleep last night to lift the proper weights and I might hurt myself which could cause an injury and put me out of the fitness world for awhile.” “You don’t need to lose weight.” Blah, blah, blah!!!!! (I think you get my point here!) :)

This is TOUGH for me because since I started my fitness journey I have NEVER made excuses and last year I was NOT motivated. It really didn’t matter what I had scheduled or what vacations were coming up. To me, nothing really mattered. Yes, I went through some adversities (surgery, Stoli’s death) but bottom line is I should have never used them as an excuse. I worked out but my heart was never quite in it and about 80% of my workouts were done after work, the time that I should have been spending with my hubby! None of them were good enough reasons, none of them were road blocks, they were just excuses from someone who was not fully committed to making her dreams reality. :(

As this New Year starts, I vow (for the whole world to read) to stop making excuses. To stop waging wars in my head. And to begin re-committing myself to a healthier ME! I will just do it…. After all, isn't the hardest part usually just getting started? Surely I can do that! :)

From this day forward I will remind myself that the only one who loses when I don’t workout or eat clean is me. I can either chose to be the best that I can be or suffer the consequences later. I chose to workout in the mornings so I can feel great all day long. After all, I hate the feeling of guilt... I will do anything to not feel guilty about something. :) That in itself is a true motivator! :)

From this day forward, no more excuses, I will not look back. Great people in history never made excuses and neither will I. All I see is a beautiful horizon and a bright tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember the story of the fortune cookie and "Good Intensions"

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger jen said...

I'm with ya on this!! moving to cedar rapids, iowa and the horrible winters have given me all too many excuses. well, no more!! time to get in the game again...snow, ice, whatever!! if the mail-lady can do it...I CAN TOO! :p

btw...my blog was made private, give me your email addy and I'll add you to the list of readers. ;)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger The Blonde Girl said...

Love this entry!
And that is what I so love about you too..... Honesty.

I can relate because I fight the same war with myself every morning too, and since I live on my own, there is nobody to kick me out of bed and help me along a bit :)

I am with you on this. I am too going to work harder and smarter on my fitness and health this year!

Love to you Elizabeth

Hilana

xxx

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger marilee said...

Do the best you can honey and love yourself no matter what. None of us are perfect. All you can do is your best, and I know you will. I'll be there cheering you on all the way. No matter what you think of yourself- the rest of us think you're FABULOUS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home