C2

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs



I am very emotional today. We got word yesterday that we will finally be able to pick up Remy. We are ecstatic. Truly we are. It makes me giddy thinking about it.

When Stoli died, the first thing I needed was assurance that he was alright. In order to get reassurance, I looked for signs. EVERYWHERE. And as the days passed I got them.

We REALLY want Remy but I am sad to be closing the chapter on Stoli. I know Stoli would want us to be happy but I feel as though I am shutting him off now. Am I making any sense?

Let me explain. When Stoli died, the next day I bought a leather bracelet memorializing his life, and since that day I have never taken it off. The proceeds from the sale of the bracelets went to local animal shelters. During the night, something very strange happened. The bracelet BROKEā€¦.. When I was making my bed, it was laying right next to my bed. Let me tell you, this bracelet is impossible to JUST break. It would have to be unwound and untied about six or seven different times. I know I wasn't tossing and turning that much for it to happen! :( As I stood there and looked at it, Kevin told me it was a sign from Stoli that it was time to move on and that he was happy for us! I believe that statement with all my heart. Do you believe in SIGNS? Because I sure do.

Hence my emotional state......

Tomorrow, I will be happy and giddy again, but for today, I will mourn and grieve for our boy Stoli. Just one last time. Thanks for the beautiful memories Stoli boy, you will never be forgotten, signs or no signs! :)

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Ahh sweetie I am sending you a HUGE hug. Stoli had the BEST parents in the world!

Love you sweets.

Have fun welcoming home your new little guy.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger April said...

Oh I definitely believe in signs. I was actually just thinking of Stoli the other day! I know my old dog Weaser has a new pal :) It's alright to grieve but yes you are right, Stoli would want you to be happy. I get more emotional when it come to dogs than humans because I don't think they understand things. Reality is they understand more than humans do sometimes.

Have fun with your new doggy and know that Stoli doesn't think you are replacing him. He'll be watching down on you and we'll be Remy's guardian angel :)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger The Blonde Girl said...

Elizabeth,

Everybody knows how much you loved Stoli and how precious he was to you and how much you miss him.

If your new doggie is loved HALF as much as Stoli, he is still going to have the most wonderful home he could ever have gotten.

Remy would not be a replacement for him...... just a wonderful new addition to your family because you have so much love to give, and frankly girl, it would have been nothing but a sin not to share that with a new animal!

I cannot wait to read about the new adventures of you and Remy.
It's going to be GRAND!

Hilana xoxoxo

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will love Remy just as much. Please let us know how it goes. As I've told you before, our first dog, Blaze got Lymphoma too and we had to put him down also. It is definitely heartbreaking and I miss him all the time. My daughters took it the worst. We keep his ashes in sight so he's never forgotten. He lived a very short life but we loved him very much!

Remy will bring much joy and happiness to your lives. Good luck with the training!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home