C2

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

HUSTLE & BUSTLE OF LIFE & TIME CHANGE

In the few free minutes I have to articulate my thoughts in writing, I stop to comment on the insane business of LIFE. I am not anywhere near the busiest person I know, at least in terms of hours of time spent "free" from the demands of work, family, finances, social causes, etc. Just this weekend, our friends were telling us about all the running around they do with their small children (baseball games, karate, etc.) which made me say the fastest prayer of thanks ever that we do NOT have any small children at home. Where would we find time to take care of them? (KIDDING). I can remember being a child and not having a whole lot of worries (although I do remember thinking I was ALWAYS a grown up) (picture attached). :)



And with that being said, I do find myself in times like these lamenting the absolute speed at which life seems to rush past me, and wishing that I could somehow step outside the clock and just live. You know, get around to doing things that most people consider frivolous indulgences like getting massages, reading fitness magazines and just plain ol’ doing nothing.

Who invented the time change, anyway? These past two days have been exhausting for me (and no I am not complaining just merely stating a fact). The time change has also been hard on Remy. He hasn’t been his usual bouncy self in the morning. He just looks at us like WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS DOING UP SO EARLY? :) (attaching a picture of Remy's 1st snow)




Well my few minutes are now up and I must return to the ceaseless bustle of my task-list existence. Perhaps when I finally find the person who invented this crazy time change schedule, I will be able to pause for reflection. That is, if I can squeeze him/her into my schedule. Woot, woot! :)

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI...it was Ben Franklin who invented Daylight saving time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home