C2

Thursday, July 02, 2009

SUNSHINE AND SUMMERTIME LIVING

The word home causes all sorts of emotions and thoughts. They range from positive to negative, depending on one's experience. When I think of home I think of a place where I feel safe and secure to pour out my heart, a place where I feel a sense of belonging, and where I connect with those I love. Where family and friends can come over and enjoy the serenity that it brings.

This summer we have had the pleasure of having my 16 year old niece stay with us. It has been a tad bit different having a girl in the house. As you all know I have a 23 year old son and girls and boys are totally different. :) Scott is more serious but has a wicked sense of humor, whereas Brittany giggles all the time. She is full of joy and makes me smile non-stop!

During the summer months, we hope to instill some values not just by talking to her but by our example. Just watching our lifestyle and learning and understanding our values, I hope she walks away knowing how much we love her and that we will always be here to support her.

At her young age, everyday life often feels similar to a pendulum swinging between adulthood and adolescence, yet she seems to capture the beauty in just about everything she does. Whether we are walking the dog or running yet another 3 miles, she is always fun-loving, bright and cheerful. And she always greets me at the door with a huge bear hug! Aaah the simple things in life! :)

I hope that she always feels like our home is her home and comes back to visit in the years to come as she grows and becomes the successful beautiful and caring woman that God intended her to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home