C2

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A MINOR INCONVENIENCE


Love the colors of these trees

Just as I was fine tuning my running, I had a minor setback. I cannot do anything the usual way, it always has to be odd. We were cleaning up after working out in the yard on Saturday. As I was putting my shoes back on the shoe rack in the garage, I pivoted in my “fit-flops” and broke a couple of blood vessels in my right foot. Yes, the pain was excruciating and now I have this very ugly bruised foot.



Sneak Peek

But I will not let it get me down. I will accept that we all have temporary setbacks. What I will do is pick up my routine as soon as I can, which hopefully will be this coming Friday or Saturday. It isn’t the end of the world and I can still lift the weights, I just can’t run at the moment.

It doesn’t matter how often we fall, what really matters is whether or not we get back up. We all will go through successes and failures, highs and lows, steps forward and steps back, times of plenty and times of difficulty. When the dust settles and the books of life are squared away, we are doing well if we come out the other side better, stronger and happier for the experience. It is all about having a positive attitude.

So you see I will not fret or worry about not running for a few days. I know the bruise and soreness will go away. What matters is my attitude and keeping it positive.


Same picture just thought it looked "cool" posted side by side

NOTE: I would post photos of my “beautiful” foot but Kevin said it is ugly and he gave me a complex… :) so I will leave you with pictures of our lake instead. :)

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

LOVE this Elizabeth.....

"It doesn’t matter how often we fall, what really matters is whether or not we get back up. We all will go through successes and
failures, highs and lows, steps forward and steps back, times of plenty and times of difficulty. When the dust settles and the books of life are squared away, we are doing well if we come out the other side better, stronger and happier for the experience. It is all about having a positive attitude."

THANK YOU FOR SHARING your thoughts.

LOVE YOU!

PS: I really would like to see your foot. lol

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger April said...

Oh no! Here's to a speedy recovery!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home