C2

Monday, April 06, 2009

HOME BOY REMY


This past Friday, Remy had a visit with the vet. We were getting him micro-chipped, groomed and he had the last of his puppy shots. He weighed in at a whopping 44lbs...... Schnikes boy, that means he has gained 23 lbs since we brought him home at the end of January! Life is good for Mr. Remy!




It never ceases to amaze me at how much our dogs can teach us about unconditional love, loyalty, forgiveness and just living in the moment. Stoli was a perfect example of that and now we have Remy. Each day it seems I am being taught something new and refreshing from Remy.



For instance, on our daily walks, Remy has taught me to savor the moment. I breathe in the cool Spring air and I can’t wait for what Spring brings us. New beginnings, a fresh start. I also take time to notice God’s creation all around me, whether it be the clouds in the sky or the dew on the grass.



Even when I get lost in thoughts, memories of yesterday and plans for today and tomorrow, there is that pull on the leash and I am back in the present, savoring the moment …. because Remy is constantly and totally in the present on his walk. Remy teaches me to forget about those memories for a moment and the things that might happen tomorrow, and sometimes it seems he is challenging me to look around and cherish the here and now. And to think I could have missed these exquisite moments in my life.



Remy gets it…. that LIFE is supposed to be fully enjoyed and that we should be living in it NOW.




Enjoy the pictures.


Remy patiently waiting to be let in


Kevin's Favorite

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Remy is so darn cute. What a blessing he has been for you and Kevin.

Cutest dog for the cutest couple!!!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Conni said...

Remy is adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home