C2

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE



Lately I have been wondering how many of us really stop and listen to what other people are saying to us. Do we even stop and take the time to hear their voice? Their pleas? Their needs? I believe we should encourage each other daily. If that means picking up the phone, or sending an email to someone just to say hi, well by golly, then that is what we need to do. We need to ask God daily, who can we encourage or reach out to today? I think it is really important during these economic times when people are feeling lower than ever before.

Now I know some of you might think “hey E, I listen to people talk and sometimes all they want to do is whine.” Trust me, I understand your annoyance with people like that and it is annoying as you know what; however, I am not talking about the office whiner or your friend who constantly makes bad decisions (knowingly) or puts themselves in predicaments that eventually make them have to face the music (and of course, then they whine about that and what people to feel sorry for them).


I am talking about your family and friends who are desperately reaching out to you. Sometimes people (including our family and friends) don’t know how to ask for help and the only way they know how to convey their problems is well …… to communicate with you. And what if you totally ignore them and blow them off? Sometimes all we need to do is STOP and LISTEN. We don’t need to give advice but perhaps fully giving them our attention would help them in more ways than we could possibly imagine.

I don’t know about you folks, but I want to make a difference. I want to go out into the world and make a contribution. But more than that I want to teach others to do the same thing. But in order to do that I need to encourage them, support them and help them to succeed without judgment.

Maybe you will get a word of thanks, perhaps you won’t. It really makes no difference because in the end, you will know in your heart that you have done the best you can and that your own personal light is shining in this big ol’ world. Something that I know you and I will most definitely see eye to eye on.

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

AWESOME post Elizabeth!

I agree with everything you said. Thank you so much for the reminder.

LOVE YOU!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jacqui More said...

This is a great blog entry!! It's why I added my shut up and listen addendum to the journey challenge. I've found I'm a terrible listener, I won't rehash my own blog in your comments... Being quiet and truly listening makes us so much more aware of what's really going on with the people we love, and makes us far more effective in helping when we can, or giving a kick in the butt when we need to!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably don't say this enough to you, but Thank You for always being there for me. Always listening to me, and yes, sometimes I do complain, but you still hear me out. I love you more than you'll ever know. You're my 'Bestest' Cuz in the world.
Love you, Roni

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger marilee said...

I haven't said hello lately, but you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I miss you. Thank you for honesty, love and inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home