C2

Monday, April 20, 2009

IT IS ALL ABOUT BEING HEALTHY

Friday night I was fortunate enough to attend the 2009 Natural Southern States Classic Figure/Fitness Competition Show in Liberty, MO. Even if you are not the biggest fitness fan or freak, you have to admire the hard work these women have endured for the last several months to get into such great shape. It all boils down to hard work, dedication and commitment and getting your head in the right state of mind. I know for years, I struggled with my weight and even today, still do, to some extent. I used to read all I could get my hands on about health, nutrition and exercise but I never seemed to be able to put it all together in a program that worked for me until I was introduced to Body For Life. Now after five years of knowing what to do, I still need that pick me up to get inspired. That is why I go to these shows, not to just support my friends competing, but to also get inspired and motivate myself to be in the best possible physical shape I can be in, even in my 40s. (side note: most of these women are in their 40s….Just sayin!).

In case I have not said this before this isn’t just about looking pretty or being vain. It is about being in the best possible health you can be in. We all have setbacks, I know I have but ultimately I know I am doing what is best for my body. My goal is to be a positive role model for all age groups and to help promote and make people aware of the infinite mental, physical and spiritual benefits of a healthy lifestyle. A lifestyle that includes a clean diet and regular exercise and one that can positively influence one's outlook on life. I also want to motivate people to continue to pursue their dreams and personal fitness goals. One of the most flattering things someone can tell me is that I inspired them.


Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the show!

Special thanks to Dawn for tagging along and keeping me company! :)

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

2009 is going to be an AWESOME year for Miss Elizabeth. I am so STOKED to follow your journey and gain TONS of inspiration.

You ROCK woman.

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home