C2

Thursday, May 28, 2009

END OF THIS JOURNEY


Kevin & Elizabeth in Ohio

Far too often, we are quick fixing or patching up something with or within ourselves, whether it is our health, a situation from the past, the present or even our personal shortcomings. As a result, we become physically ill, emotionally drained and spiritually off balanced.

During the last 90 days I embarked on a spiritual, emotional and physical journey. Did I succeed? It is hard to say but what I revealed was the importance of taking responsibility for my own journey. I do know at the end of this journey, I was left with a sense of victory and triumph, but also an understanding that the journey continues. I also understand and have a sense of comfort through my spiritual journey that difficult times serve a purpose in our lives. They prepare us to move on to the next level of faith where we grow and ultimately enjoy the life that God has prepared for us.

I found that the few people who joined me in this journey were more focused on the physical aspects of the journey rather than the emotional or spiritual. I found the spiritual journey to be most beneficial, which to me is THE most important aspect of the entire journey. In the past, I would have gone gung-ho on the physical part and let the others trail behind, but this time around, I really concentrated on the spiritual side. And it paid off.

It is not the first time I have read the entire Bible, but is the first time that I really concentrated and studied it. And I will be honest with you, there were parts of the Bible, when reading through the genealogy that I was bored senseless, but I pushed through it. The New Testament is by far my favorite Testament. I cried more than I can ever remember. Christ’s suffering for our sins… we definitely are not worthy but I am sure glad He believes that we are. :)

The emotional journey was also wonderful. I had to come up with two things I was grateful for every single day. Now, you all are thinking that isn’t so difficult…. but you couldn’t be repetitious. I am not a person who takes things for granted. I try and focus on the ordinary moments of life that bring me joy and thankfulness. I truly believe that we are to give thanks in the good times because giving thanks makes us appreciate what we have been given. A person who is always complaining and never grateful is a person who does not know the richness of life. When we take the time to count our blessings, when we make it a point to focus on the wonderful things we have been given, we appreciate life more.

The physical journey was sub-par. I am a person who thrives on results and the last 90-days were not what I would consider my best physical journey BUT the last five weeks were pretty intense and amazing. I cleared my head and got back in the zone which will make the next phase of my physical journey better. Simply put…. I am a work in progress and the journey continues.

5 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Kellie Jo said...

I love your blog E. Very inspiring and I have no doubt you will do well on your physical journey.

Kellie Jo

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you - Suz

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

you are such an amazing, beautiful women who if FULL of God's unconditional love. I am in AWE of your 90 day commitment. Wow..how it must feel to embrace something and TRULY stick to it for the full duration. Some day I will experience this.

Thank you for all your encouragement you are a wonderful friend and i am truly blessed to know you and Kevin.

Love you

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Rachel Wilson said...

I remembered when you started this journey. I thought to myself how in awe I was (and a bit jealous too) LOL.

You are amazing Elizabeth. You have almost reached perfection.

BTW, beautiful couple too.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger marilee said...

I am inspired by your dedication and thankful your journey was a blessing. We all need to be stronger spiritually. He gives us the strength to achieve whatever we desire as long as it is pleasing to Him. He is the rock and foundation of it all. When we are right with God, He opens the door for true peace and harmony. I love you. I am SO happy for you. I love sharing my life with you, even though physically we are far apart.
Big Ol Mama Moose Hips :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home