C2

Thursday, July 09, 2009

ANOTHER LESSON IN LIFE



The truth is rarely pure and never simple.--Oscar Wilde

Many of us know a person that we question and wonder if they are manipulative. I have always been an extremely strong and independent woman and very perceptive of others. So I guess it came as no surprise the other day when I found out that several people I knew and respected have been deceitful and have lied to me. In fact, I believe these individuals have always been masters at lying and manipulating others just to get what they “want” regardless of who they hurt in the process, including their spouses and even children.

My thoughts are if you have to deal with someone like this, move on. Don't try and catch them in a lie or try to rationalize with them. Dealing with a liar is a no-win situation. You will be the only one who gets burned if you deal with them. The only thing you can do is pray for them and their souls and simply walk away from their situation.

Look as a Christian, I know that Christians are not perfect people. We make mistakes and make bad decisions at times. But we don’t go around initially trying to destroy others for the sake of our own “passion” or fulfillment. Trust me, none of us will ever be perfect in this world. We just need to do the best we can and ask God to help us with our shortcomings and failings. I confess and ask forgiveness each day because I know I am not perfect, not a by a long shot. BUT I will tell you this, I am a woman of faith and I would never personally seek to destroy anyone for my own personal gain.

The most manipulative people on this earth are those who do things for their own glory. Not God’s glory, but their own. If a person is looking for praise every time they do something nice than that is a serious red flag.

My thoughts today are if you have a bad feeling about someone then usually your “instincts” are usually God telling you something. Warning you that something isn’t right. God expects us to pray for others, He doesn’t tell us to partake in their sin.

God Bless.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Kellie Jo said...

It is never right to cheat on your spouse or stab your friends in the back, no matter how you want to color it.

You are a blessing E.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post Elizabeth. We need more people like you in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home