C2

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MY FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN.....


My sister-in-law and I were discussing the saying we have heard many people say, "God won't give you more than you can bear or handle." I have heard this quote referred to from time to time and I have probably said it before as well. The verse in question, 1 Corinthians 10:13, does not imply that God won’t let you be stressed beyond what you can bear or even challenged beyond your ability or even pushed beyond your threshold.

In reality, God gives you more than you can bear all the time. On purpose. It is only when you cannot bear the load that the strength of Christ kicks in…and He becomes everything you need and more and that is where the lesson kicks in! It is up to us to apply the teaching! :)

Friday I witnessed my oldest brother suffer from a diabetic coma, for the second time in less than four months. This time around though, he was in great pain and not just in a comatose state. This time, I thought for sure we were going to lose him. I was devastated and beyond upset and cried and begged the nurse and my Dad to sedate him (even more) so that he didn’t suffer or feel the pain. They obviously knew more than me and told me that they couldn’t sedate him because he needed to wake up and be alert. Not more groggy or sluggish.

When I got home, Kevin and I decided to take Remy for a walk and as we were walking I was praying for peace about my brother. God never will forsake you or leave you, especially when you need Him the most. As we came up over the hill and looked down towards our house, there it was. A rainbow. Something God has shown me many times in my times of grief or sorrow.




The rainbow has become a symbol of peace and a sign of communication between my FATHER and me. I sobbed harded than I had in years. God loves US! He wants us to know He has never ever left our side. He will be there to give us that “peace” if we only allow Him to.

So next time you feel you cannot possibly bear or handle the situation you are in, look up. God is waiting for you to give Him control. He is waiting…… :)

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying and hoping that everything works out alright. You always write such beautiful and hopeful posts.

Hugs girl. Love you!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Kellie Jo said...

I got goosebumps reading this post. Rainbows are a wonderful sign from God. Glad you received His gift.

Kellie Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home