C2

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Crossroads

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss

Crossroads! Are you justifying a bad decision because you think it did not hurt anyone or because in the big scheme of things, you think no one will notice. Are you battling with self-conflict about some choices you are about to make or choices you already made? Our conscience is the little voice inside our head telling us to do right thing and not go down that road again.

The fact is, we all weigh what we value most, what we can let slide, what we can afford, what we need and what we enjoy doing and what we loathe doing. Ultimately we make the decision on how to live our own life accordingly.

What I find amazing is when I meet someone for the first time (perhaps after talking to them for awhile online or through a “forum” chat room), they are nothing that they represented themselves to be. It blows my mind. Why do people feel the need to lie about who they really are? It does not make sense to me except for the fact, they are insecure about who they REALLY are.

I believe you can fool most everyone in your life if you really want to. You can isolate yourself, and no one will ever know. The issue is not whether others know or not. The issue is the fact that you already know! Isn’t that enough? You already know what your self-conflicts are. The fact that you already know means you have already been caught! In my mind, I would not be able to sleep at night if I thought I was a bad person or I was continually making bad choices and definitely not if I was destroying others in the process. At some point, you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself who you really are and buck up! :)

For all the believers out there, we should be living by moral correctness dictated to us by God alone. Our actions and beliefs should be based upon the written Word of God, and we must know and uncompromisingly live by what we believe. True faith doesn’t allow any power to be given to uncertainty, despair, hopelessness, doubt or impatience. True faith does not change by public opinion or by consensus. True faith listens for the voice of God and lives by conviction. And true faith is being the person you say you are 24/7.

Look I am in no way saying I am perfect BUT I will never portray myself as being someone I am not. I am the typical “what you see is what you get” kind of person. When I say I will pray for you, you betcha, I am praying for you. When I say I will be there for you, I certainly will be there for you. I am who I say I am.

Are you?

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous uniquedove said...

nice blog. i agree! be who God created you to be. no need to impress people. do what you do as if only He were watching and live before the audience of ONE! have you ever thought about publishing a book? you should!

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home