C2

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

IMPACT

September 11. A date that will forever be engraved on the memories of people from all walks of life. On that awful day when terrorists commandeered several planes and killed thousands of innocent people in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania, we began to realize the real depths of wickedness in the human heart, and the doubt and fragility of life itself.

What possible lessons could God teach us from such an appalling tragedy? I don’t know the full answer to this question. I do know that millions came together that day and prayed, which is amazing in itself. Life has always been uncertain, September 11 just made it clearer for us.

When I wonder whether what I do matters at all, if I really make an impact, I try to remember how I felt after the planes made impact with their targets, especially after hearing how Flight 93 missed theirs because a handful of Americans did whatever they could to foil the enemies of freedom and liberty. I believe that taught us all a priceless lesson. Sometimes whether an individual effort succeeds or fails isn't really the point. It is that the effort can inspire others to act. And that is what I strive to do… inspire others to act, whether it be with their fitness program or to be a better person.

Please take time out of your busy and demanding day to say a prayer (or a moment of silent) for those families who lost loved ones that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home