C2

Friday, November 30, 2007

CAPTURE THE MOMENT

Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted. Sorry about that. We were away taking a wonderful holiday vacation with Kevin’s folks at Holiday Island, Arkansas (aerial picture above). Beautiful place and very relaxing but if you want to go anywhere, you will have to drive the back roads to get there. With my vertigo issues, not all the trips into “town” were fun! :-( At any rate, we had a wonderful time with the folks. I don’t like it that we live so far away from them, but it does make our trips together seem extra special. I have posted just a few pictures below. If you want to see all of them (I think I took 256 photos all together) you can log into my facebook account and view them. :)


One of the things I want to do next year is to learn more about photography. I’m not talking about just taking casual pictures, I want to learn EVERYTHING. I have always had a passion for photography but never seemed to have the “time” to undertake it. Kevin was kind enough to buy me a new camera while we were away on vacation and because we were on vacation, I was able to thoroughly read the manual and play with it. I think the key to taking photos isn’t really about what kind of camera you have but about being yourself and showing your passion. I don’t want to duplicate someone else’s passion or work. I want to go out, be myself and develop my own style.

So my plan for 2008, is to be more creative with my photography as well as venture into unknown territories. To explore what lies beneath so to speak. I want to try my hand at things I never thought I’d do. I really have an itch to discover different hobbies to see if I’m good at them or not. See if perhaps this whole time I would have liked these things, if only I had tried them. I want to work with my hands, use my brain, and exercise creativity. Who wants to go through life saying, “I wish I would have learned how to do that, but I never even tried it.” So we’ll see what happens.

On the workout/nutritional front, things are going well. Kevin and I took some time off over the Thanksgiving holiday but we were back at it on Monday stronger than ever. I did switch up my routine because I don’t seem to have enough energy in the mornings anymore. So Kevin works out in the mornings and I work out in the evenings. So far this week, it has done wonders for my energy levels. I’m sure once Spring hits, I’ll be back to working out in the mornings again. :-) Life is GOOD!





1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Glad to see an update. That looks like a fun place to go to.

On photography, I am with you. I love it. Back in the early 80's I took some photography classes at the junior college. Loved it. I am sure it is much different now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home