C2

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

METICULOUS BUT NOT PERFECT :)

Most of you already know this about me BUT I strive to be the best at EVERYTHING. Take my workouts for instance. I MUST workout every single day and eat healthy, without any cheats. Not because someone will recognize me for my efforts but because in my mind it will give me a clean, clear slate. If I miss a day or two, or heaven forbid, a week, I truly feel like a failure. Gulp. Isn't that odd? Odd, but so, Elizabeth. I have tried through various means and avenues to drive this pesky bug from myself. It really controls me at times. But, at the ripe age of 41, I realize that certain things just are. I am what I am. My bed gets made every day. My house is always clean. My laundry pile never heaps. So is it so wrong that I am so hard on myself? I am NOT hard on other people, just myself. There will always be things I want to change and grow in, that is a good thing, but learning to accept that I may not always be the best in everything is what I am striving for.

I believe a part of being a Christian is being mature enough to embrace yourself, as God created us to be, not looking to the right or the left but pressing onward towards our goal. Realizing that Christ is big enough, God enough to help each of us know what that goal looks like, as we make our choices daily and that as long as we hold on to our faith and make him number one in our lives, everything will work out, whether we are a perfectionist or not! ;)

So, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! What!? When did that happen? I can't believe how fast the holidays are approaching. EAH GADS! Christmas is just next month folks!? Wasn't it just summer like, yesterday? I do love this time of year though. The leaves changing, the crackle when you walk down the sidewalks from the leaves, and the frost on the still-green grass in the mornings. I love the bright warm afternoons when you wish you didn't have the jacket on that you needed in the morning when you left home.

Kevin and I have been extremely busy with work related events and planning for our upcoming vacation. His folks will be here less than a week and I CAN’T WAIT. Fabulous generous folks….. I just adore them (but I do digress)! Last weekend I found myself dancing to the sound of the radio playing in the background as I cleaned the house. I paused several times to take in the breathtaking view from my deck and snapped a few pictures. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I hope the colors are still in full "bloom" for the folks to enjoy..... ;)

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Lori said...

beautiful pictures. You know I used to be like that but it drove me nuts to keep the house in perfect condition. Yeah, it was easier for me when I was married because I had someone to help me out, but after being divorced and having to take care of it all it's much harder and I had no ME time. I had to give some of it up. I saw that on Oprah that you have to choose your battles and it made sense to me. I feel much better now although I wish my house was spotless like it used to be.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Lori said...

OH...see ya tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home