C2

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Aaaah, Sweet Expectations

I have to confess I am not good about waiting patiently. In fact, I hate to wait. I often carry around inside me an inner three-year old, jumping up and down and whining, “I want it now, I want it now, I want it now . . .” Who enjoys be caught in traffic? Or waiting for someone to come pick them up? Or waiting on results of a test? Not me, that is for sure!

For me, the last few months have dragged on. I have waited for this weekend to get here. Impatiently… tapping my foot…..to meet some of the folks who have helped me through my fitness journey. As many of you know, I started Body for Life back in December of '05 and it has become a huge part of my life. I have met some incredible individuals through this group and have made some lifetime friends.


This weekend I am flying off to Atlanta and then driving up to Knoxville, Tennessee with a group of gals I met through Body for Life. Everyone who attends Champions Weekend in Knoxville is going for a purpose, having made whatever simple or grand arrangements it took to get themselves there. They will attend because they have a real passion about their health and fitness and because they saw this gathering as a unique opportunity for connecting with others who are eager to learn about, plan for, and take action in their own fitness journey. I know the last few weeks I have been in a mental “funk” about fitness and this weekend is just want I need to re-energize, refocus and get myself back in gear with my fitness goals. I know I will walk away from the weekend with new friendships, a new mission and a new plan on how to reach the next steps of my fitness journey. I, for one, truly NEED this weekend.

I know nothing is more powerful than the instantaneous impression people make about you the first time they meet you and I pray I make a lasting positive impression on all the folks I meet. I want to make a difference in their lives and make their weekend an experience they won’t soon forget! I hope all these folks are ready to get the stuffing squeezed out of them when I finally get to meet them. I have a lot of hugs stored up! ;)

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have already made a difference, especially in mine. Wish I was going to be in Tennessee this weekend.

Kellie

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Suz said...

hi sweets. I posted! XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home